As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you are one of the hundreds of thousands of people throughout the world, who own a JVC TV, chances are you might not be happy with the streamlined remote that comes with the television.
Fear not. In this article, I will present you with three great remote options.
The five best universal remotes for JVC TVs are:
- #1. Logitech Harmony Elite: Premium Pick
- #2. Harmony Companion: Solid Runner-up
- #3. Sofabaton U2: Budget Option
- #4. Harmony Hub: Smartphone App Control
- #5. JVC Replacement: Solid OEM Option
Best Universal Remotes for JVC TVs: Overview
Following are my top five picks for the best universal remotes for JVC TVs:
Last update on 12/09/2023 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
📚 Related: 11 Best Universal Remotes This Year
#1. Logitech Harmony Elite
Elite will not only let you control your JVC TV, but you can also control up to 250,000 home theater devices and smart devices as well.
- The most powerful and intuitive Harmony remote works with Alexa for voice control. All-in-one control of up to 15 home entertainment and connected home devices
- Full color touchscreen: Simply swipe and tap to control channels, movies, volume, 50 favorite channels and smart home devices like Philips Hue lights
#2. Logitech Harmony Companion
Logitech Harmony Companion is nearly identical to the Elite in functionality, but it has a very different design. It doesn’t include that cool color screen. And you can only control eight entertainment devices as opposed to 15 with the Elite.
- Use Alexa for voice controls
- Harmony App turns smartphone/tablet into universal remote
#3. Sofabaton U2
Having tested the range of Sofabaton remotes, I find the U2 a commendable upgrade over the U1, offering an improved user experience and advanced features. However, for me, the X1 remains my preferred choice for its superior functionality and extensive compatibility.
#4. Logitech Harmony Hub
The Logitech Harmony Hub is a universal remote without a remote. Instead, you use your smartphone or tablet to control your entertainment experience. Oh, and it works with smart home stuff and Alexa too.
#5. JVC OEM Replacement Remote
This is a solid replacement remote [NOT universal] for the following JVC TV models only:
- JVC OEM RMT-JR01 LED TV REMOTE CONTROL
- RMT-JR01 098003060013 0980-0306-0013 0980-0306-0011 0980-0306-0010 098003060012 0980-0306-0012
- OEM For: JVC BC50R EM28T EM32FL EM32T EM32TS EM37T EM39FT EM39T EM40NF5 JLC32BC3000 JLC32BC3002 JLC37BC3000 JLC37BC3002 JLC42BC3000 JLC42BC3002 JLC47BC3000 JLC47BC3002 JLE32BC3001 JLE37BC3001 JLE42BC3001 JLE42BC3500 JLE47BC3001 JLE47BC3500
- 【U1 Universal Remote & Replaces 15 Other Remotes】This unique remote control supports 500,000+ devices from 6000+ brands. You can use it to control up to 15 of your favorite devices so say goodbye to all those remotes on your coffee table..
- 【App One-Touch Set Up】You use the SofaBaton app for setup, so no need for remote control codes. You can also create one-button macros to fire up multiple devices with a single-button push.
While many options exist for controlling your JVC TV, the very best remotes for JVC TVs let you consolidate the remotes from your other devices down to one. While the Harmony Elite has a hefty price tag, it is the best remote you can buy today for home theater and home automation.
If you can’t afford the Elite but still want to control smart devices as well as a home theater, go can’t go wrong with the Harmony Companion. You won’t get the snazzy color touchscreen though.
Finally, if a smart home is a concern and you want a solid no-frills budget remote, the Sofabaton U1 has been enjoying popularity with customers seeking a less expensive option.
Fun Fact About JVC
The abbreviation JVC refers to the Japan Victor Company. According to Wikipedia, it was founded in 1927 as the “The Victor Talking Machine Company of Japan, Limited.” JVC originally started as a subsidiary of the United States’ leading phonograph and record company, the Victor Talking Machine Company of Camden, New Jersey.
We certainly have come a long way with our “talking machines” since then, haven’t we?
Please leave a comment down below and let me know what you think about this and/or these remotes.
If you enjoyed this post about the best universal remotes for JVC TVs, you might also like:
- Harmony Elite Review: 10 Reasons This Remote Rocks
- Harmony Elite vs Companion [Side-By-Side Comparison]
- Sofabaton vs Harmony: Is U1 A Solid Logitech Alternative?
- 5 Best Universal Remotes for Toshiba TVs
- Samsung Smart TV Universal Remote Controls: 7 Best
- 5 Best Universal Remotes for Sharp TVs
Tim Brennan is a technology blogger and hosts the @TecTimmy YouTube channel. He writes about smart homes at oneSmartcrib, home theaters at UniversalRemoteReviews, and AI in writing at Writeinteractive. A graduate of Northeastern University School of Journalism, he has written about technology for 30 years. Tim lives on the ocean in Nahant, Massachusetts.
Please subscribe to my YouTube channel for a fun take on all things tech.