As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
In this blog post, I’ll get you all the Philips Remote Codes for LG TVs and a setup guide to get you back to watching your favorite shows pronto.
Table of Contents:
MISSING: Philips Remote Codes for LG TVs
The other day, I needed to reprogram my Philips remote for my LG TV, only to discover I had misplaced the list of codes and the user manual.
Determined to find a solution, I turned to the internet for answers. But, to my dismay, I was met with an overwhelming amount of outdated and irrelevant information.
At least three sites I checked had the wrong codes, and I finally figured out I could get them from the remote manufacturer (Jasco). That’s when I had a lightbulb moment: why not create a comprehensive blog post with all the Philips remote codes for LG TVs and a setup guide?
So, here we are! In this post, I will provide you with all the codes you’ll need, along with a step-by-step guide on how to set up your Philips remote for your LG TV.
Let’s get your remote up and running.
List of Philips Remote Codes for LG TVs
Here’s a comprehensive table of Philips remote codes for LG to make programming a breeze. After referring to these codes, continue reading for step-by-step programming instructions using manual code entry and auto code search methods.
|Philips Universal Remote Version||LG TVs Codes for Each Remote Version|
|Code List 3 (CL3)||0001, 5511, 3001, 5501, 3021, 3091, 3221, 3281, 3311, 5271, 0131, 0251, 0611, 0761, 0931, 1181, 1221, 1471, 1501, 1911, 3811, 4731|
|Code List 4 (CL4)||6021, 0001, 5511, 3001, 1911, 1181, 1221|
|Code List 5 (CL5)||6021, 0001, 5511, 3001, 1911, 1181, 1221|
|Code List 6 (CL6)||6021, 5511, 0001, 3001, 1911, 1181, 1221|
Programming Your Philips Remote to an LG TV
In this section, I’ll provide both the direct code entry and also auto code search methods for programming your Philips remote codes for LG TVs.
Before you begin, please note the following:
- Utilizing the Direct Code Entry is the preferred method for connecting your Philips universal remote to your TV.
- Alternatively, you can try the auto-search method. However, it may take several attempts before your remote identifies a suitable code for your device.
- If your remote lacks a “Setup” button, opt for the Direct Code Entry approach.
Method 1: Direct Code Entry (Recommended)
📝 Note: If your remote doesn’t have a “Setup” button, you must use this method to program Philips remote codes for LG TVs.
- Find your device’s four-digit code in the table in this blog post or by consulting the instruction manual or searching online using your remote’s model number.
- Turn on the LG TV with which you want to sync the remote.
- Press and hold the TV button on your Philips remote for five seconds. Once the LED light glows blue or red, release the button.
- Enter the code using the number pad on the remote. The LED light will turn off when you enter a valid code.
- Test the remote by pressing the Power button. If the LG TV turns off, the code has been successfully programmed. If not, repeat steps 3-5 using a different code from the list.
The Jasco YouTube channel has a video that shows you how to program the Philips Remote codes for LG TVs using direct code entry:
Method 2: Using Auto Code Search
- Check your Philips remote’s compatibility with your LG TV by consulting the instruction manual or searching online.
- Turn on the LG TV with which you want to sync the remote.
- Press and hold the Setup button on your Philips remote for five seconds. Once the LED light glows blue or red, release the button.
- Press and hold the TV button on your Philips remote. Once the LED light glows blue or red, release the button.
- Press the Power button while aiming the remote at your LG TV. The remote will send codes to the TV to find the right one.
- Press the TV button again to store the code once the LG TV turns off.
- Test the remote’s functionality by pressing various buttons. If necessary, repeat the process to find a more suitable code.
💡 Tip: Auto-code search may take a few tries until your remote finds a valid code for your device.
mailtosimer has a video over on his YouTube channel that steps you through the auto code search method:
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: Can I factory reset my Philips remote?
Answer: Yes, you can reset your Philips remote to factory settings. Remove the batteries, hold the “Power” button for 30 seconds, replace the batteries, and test the remote. Remember to reprogram the remote with the appropriate codes after resetting.
Question 2: Will the Philips remote codes for LG work right away?
Answer: Philips remote codes for LG TVs might not work instantly. You may need to try different codes or use the auto-search method to find the correct one. Some Philips remotes may not function with specific LG TVs. Consult the manuals or re-enter the codes one at a time using the table provided above.
Question 3: Can I use a Philips universal remote with other brands besides LG?
Answer: Yes, Philips universal remotes are designed to work with various brands besides LG. They offer a wide compatibility range, allowing you to control multiple devices from different manufacturers. Simply program the corresponding codes as provided in the manual or search for them online. I plan to create posts similar to this for other major TV brands.
Question 4: How do I find the correct Philips remote code for my LG TV?
Answer: To find the correct Philips remote code for your LG TV, consult the above table or search online for updated codes specific to your TV model. If the initial code doesn’t work, try different codes in the list above using the manual method or use the auto-search method until you find the correct one.
Question 5: What if neither the manual nor auto method work?
Answer: If both the manual and auto methods are unsuccessful, search online for updated codes or contact Philips customer support. Another option is using a universal remote that doesn’t require codes or seeking professional assistance to diagnose and resolve the problem.
Philips Remote Codes for LG TVs: Final Word
At the beginning of this blog post, I shared my frustration about finding the Philips remote codes for LG TVs after misplacing my manual.
Thankfully, I found an accurate and up-to-date list of LG TV codes for Philips remotes, which I have included above to save you time and effort.
Additionally, I provided easy-to-follow procedures for manual code entry and auto-code search methods to help you program your remote effortlessly.
I hope this post resolves any issues you may have faced and allows you to get back to enjoying your favorite shows and movies.
Please drop me a comment down below and let me know.
By the way, if you want an LG remote that doesn’t require codes, check out the Best Remotes for LG TVs. You can also control your LG TV with a remote app, and I blog about the Philips Remote Codes for Samsung TVs and Philips Remote Codes for Insignia TVs too.
Tim Brennan is a technology blogger and hosts the @TecTimmy YouTube channel. He writes about smart homes at oneSmartcrib, home theaters at UniversalRemoteReviews, and AI in writing at Writeinteractive. A graduate of Northeastern University School of Journalism, he has written about technology for 30 years. Tim lives on the ocean in Nahant, Massachusetts.
Please subscribe to my YouTube channel for a fun take on all things tech.