In this post, I will share everything you need to get the GE remote codes for Hisense TVs to work with your television.
Can’t Find the GE Remote Codes for Hisense TVs
As tech enthusiast, I consider universal remote controls pure magic. These single devices can control your smart TV and nearly everything in your entertainment center, an idea unheard of until their arrival.
While there are better universal remotes for Hisense TVs and even some Hisense remote apps, the GE Universal Remote is a popular remote that is super inexpensive. The remote will let you control up to four devices, including Hisense TVs.
That’s the good news.
Here’s the bad news: you need to manually program this remote with the correct codes to match your Hisense TV and other devices. Plus, the documentation contains the codes in a microscopic font that is hard to read.
This is where I come in.
I have compiled the full list of GE remote codes for Hisense TVs, so you no longer need to squint at the fine print.
I will also include the basic instructions, so you have everything you need in one place.
Before I get into that, let’s get you those GE Remote Codes for Hisense TVs.
GE Remote Codes for Hisense TVs (Full List)
Typically, the GE remote codes for Hisense TVs are a four-digit number. For a GE remote, the codes correspond to the GE remote model, not the Hisense TV model.
How Do I Know Which Code to Use
First, determine your GE remote model (e.g., CL6, CL5, etc.) found on a sticker in the battery compartment. Then, refer to the table below for the corresponding codes. The codes are listed from most to least common; try them one at a time until one works for your TV.
|GE Universal Remote Model
(from Battery Compartment)
|Codes For Hisense TVs that Correspond To Remote Model|
|CL6||6161, 1651, 6251, 6171, 2081, 5331, 2211, 2141, 5341, 0001, 0671, 4391|
|CL5||6161, 1651, 6251, 6171, 2081, 5331, 2211, 2141, 5341, 0001, 0671, 4391|
|CL4||6161, 1651, 6171, 2081, 5331, 2211, 2141, 5341, 0001, 0671, 4391|
|CL3||2081, 5331, 2211, 4671, 0671, 3671, 4381, 4391|
|Legacy Remotes or Hisense Roku TVs||6161, 1651, 6251, 6171, 20181, 5331, 2211, 2141, 5341, 0001, 0671, 4391|
💁 Pro Tip: The codes are listed from most to least common. So start with the first code for your remote and work through them until you get one that is accepted and works with your TV.
OK, let’s get you those GE Remote Codes for Hisense TVs.
How to Enter the Codes to Your Remote
Now that you know which codes to use, it’s time to put them to use and configure your universal remote to work with your Hisense TV.
While there is an auto-search method to get the correct universal remote codes, direct code entry is the best way.
Manual Code Entry Procedure
Follow these step-by-step instructions to enter your GE remote codes for your Hisense TV:
- Switch on your Hisense TV.
- Get your GE universal remote.
- Press and hold the Setup button on the remote until the LED indicator light turns red and stays on.
- Choose the first code for your remote from the list.
- Press the TV button on the remote.
- Enter the code using the remote’s keypad. After entering the last digit of the code, the LED indicator light should turn off. If it doesn’t, try the next code on the list, repeating steps 4-6 until the light turns off.
- When the LED indicator light turns off, press the Power button on the remote.
- If your TV powers off, you have entered the correct code.
- Press the Power button again to turn on your TV, and test the other buttons on your remote to ensure full functionality.
You can now control your Hisense TV using the GE universal remote.
Auto Code Search Procedure
If you encounter pairing issues with the GE Remote Codes for Hisense and your Hisense TV, don’t worry. You can use your remote’s auto-search method to program it without needing the exact code. This method resolves most remote problems related to finding the right code.
Follow these steps to make your remote automatically search for all the GE Remote codes for Hisense TVs:
- Turn on your Hisense TV using its physical Power button.
- Press and hold the Setup button on the remote until the red indicator light turns on.
- Press the TV button on the remote.
- Repeatedly press the Power button, waiting a few seconds between each press until your TV turns off.
- Turn your TV on manually again.
- Press the Volume + button every 3 seconds until your TV turns off.
- When your TV turns off, press the TV button on the remote to save the code.
Your remote is now programmed. Test it by pressing the Power button; your TV should turn on. Also, try the other keys on the remote to ensure they work. If any keys don’t work, you may need to use the manual code entry method described earlier.
What if the Remote Codes Don’t Work
If neither the manual nor auto GE remote codes for Hisense TVs work, try these troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue:
- Check batteries: Ensure your remote has fresh batteries. Old or damaged batteries can affect your remote’s performance. Replace weak or dying batteries within 10 minutes to avoid losing your settings.
- Reattempt programming: Try the manual and auto-code methods again, ensuring you follow each step carefully.
- Reset your remote: I will provide instructions for resetting your remote to factory settings in the next section. After resetting, try programming it again.
- Check for compatibility: Ensure your GE universal remote is compatible with your Hisense TV model. Check the remote’s user manual for a list of compatible devices.
Remember, sometimes, finding the perfect code or method takes time and patience. Try different troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue and get your remote working with your Hisense TV.
How To Reset a GE Universal Remote
If you’re experiencing issues getting the GE Remote Codes for Hisense to work, you can always choose to reset your remote to factory settings. This way, you don’t have to worry about fixing it immediately.
Follow these steps to reset your GE universal remote control:
- Press and hold the Setup button on your remote.
- Wait for the red LED light to turn on.
- Release the Setup button. The red light should remain on.
- Press the Mute button.
- Press the Zero (0) button.
- Check if the LED notification light flashes twice.
The steps above should help reset your GE universal remote control to its factory settings. If you continue to experience issues, try the troubleshooting steps provided earlier to resolve the problem.
GE Remote Codes for Hisense: Conclusion
That’s it! In this blog post, I’ve shared all the essential information you need to use your GE Remote codes for Hisense TVs successfully.
I’ve provided you with lists of GE remote codes for Hisense TVs, detailed instructions for manual code entry and auto code search methods, and troubleshooting steps to try if neither method works. Additionally, I’ve shown you how to reset your GE Universal Remote Control to its factory settings.
By following the information and guidance I’ve provided, you should be able to find the right code in just a few minutes. Once you find it, I recommend writing it down so you’ll have it handy for future reference.
With the right code, you’ll be able to use your universal remote not only with your Hisense TV but also with other devices in your entertainment center. Enjoy the convenience of controlling your entire entertainment system with just one remote!
📚 Related: GE Remote Codes List (All TVs)
Thank you soooo much for posting this!! I’ve been at it for hours and yours worked for me !!!!! <3 your so amazing!!!
SO nice to hear this worked for you. I found that some of the codes were out of date, so I just updated this a few days back. Your comment made my day. 😀