As an Amazon Affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
In this post, I will do everything I can to share what you need to know about all of the GE Universal Remote codes for Insignia TVs.
GE Universal Remotes and AliensIf there’s one thing close to alien technology, it would be universal remotes. Who would have thought that a single device could control everything in your entertainment center?
One of the cheapest remotes is the GE Universal Remote Control. I prefer something else, mostly because more feature-packed remotes let you control many devices, such as these Logitech Harmony alternatives.
However, I get it.
The General Electric Universal remote has been around for years, and its budget-friendly price has made it a fan favorite for consumers.
Insignia TVs have become also become increasingly popular. According to Statistica, they now reign among the most popular TV brands. This is likely due to their smart TV features (like Roku TV built-in) and budget price point.
Before you start using a GE universal remote with your Insignia TV, though, there is a small hurdle you need to tackle, remote codes.
In this article, I provide an updated resource to help you get the codes you need.
📚 Related: 7 Best Remotes for Insignia TVs
List of GE Universal Remote Codes for Insignia
All Insignia TVs use four-digit codes. Each of the different device codes corresponds to a particular model, so don’t be shocked if they’re different for different Insignia products or TV models. If you have another TV brand, cable box, set-top box, a DVD player, Blu-ray players, etc., the device code for those will be different.
Now, there is a base set of codes that work with most Insignia TVs, and I highly recommend that you try these first.
Base Level GE Universal Remote Codes for Insignia TVs:
These may be all the codes you need to program your Insignia TV. If the first one doesn’t work out, try the next code and work your way down the list until you find the one that works.
If none of these base-level codes work, you need to check the code list version of your remote. Refer to the next section as I explain it in more detail.
📚 Related: GE Remote Codes for All TVs
Full List GE Universal Remote TV Codes for Insignia
If you want to find out which code list your remote has, all you need to do is flip it over and open the battery compartment. Look for the sticker inside that has your remote’s Mode and Code list version.
You’re looking for three possible code list versions, so check the label to know if you have CL3, CL4, or CL5.
|GE Universal Remote Codes for Insignia TV (CL3)||
|GE Universal Remote Codes for Insignia TV (CL4)||
|GE Universal Remote Codes for Insignia TV (CL5)||
How to Enter Your Remote Codes for Insignia TV
The best part of having a universal remote is that you don’t need to be an expert in programming or electronics to get it up and running.
Follow this step-by-step guide to program your GE remote with your Insignia TV:
- Switch ON your Insignia TV using its Power button.
- On your GE remote, press and hold the Setup button.
- Wait for the LED indicator to light up Red.
- Press the TV button on your remote.
- On your remote’s keypad, type a code from the list.
- You know you’ve entered the right code when the LED turns OFF.
- Point your GE remote to your TV and press the Power button.
- If you’ve entered the correct code, your TV will switch OFF.
- Try another code from the list if your TV doesn’t switch OFF.
- Once you get the TV to turn off, turn it back on and check the rest of the buttons to see if they’re working.
That’s it! There is everything you need to do to get your GE remote to work with your Insignia TV.
In this section, I will address some of the most common questions and comments I get from readers about using the GE universal remote codes for Insignia TVs.
Will the Codes Work Immediately After I Enter Them?
Yes, these codes should work immediately, and you’ll be able to confirm if you’re using the right code. The top codes on the lists are the most popular ones and are more likely to work immediately.
If a certain code doesn’t work, all you need to do is work your way down until you find the code that works for your Insignia TV.
In cases where it’s not a code issue, you want to check your remote batteries and possible sources of signal interference.
What If the GE Universal Remote Codes for Insignia Don’t Work?
You’ve tried every code on the list, and nothing seems to work. Well, the good news is that you can still salvage the situation. You can let your remote go through its list of stored codes in its memory until it finds one for your Insignia TV.
Follow these step-by-step instructions to use the quick code search method to program your GE remote:
- Switch your Insignia TV ON using its Power button.
- Press and hold the Setup button.
- Wait for the LED to power button to light up Red.
- Press the TV button on your remote.
- Once the LED flashes Red, point the remote to your TV.
- Press the Power button every few seconds until your TV powers OFF.
- Once your TV is OFF, Turn it ON again.
- Press the Volume Up button every few seconds.
- Wait until your TV is switched OFF.
- Once your TV is OFF, press the TV button to confirm the code on your remote.
- Turn ON your TV using the remote and check the other buttons.
How to Reset Your GE Universal Remote
It’s highly unlikely that you will reach this point where nothing works. However, in cases where a major malfunction occurs, resetting your remote is one of the best troubleshooting options you can do.
Here’s how to reset your GE universal remote to factory settings:
- Press Power.
- Press and hold the Setup button on your remote.
- Once the LED lights up Red, release the Setup button.
- The LED light must remain on.
- Press the Mute button, then the Zero button on your remote keypad.
- Wait for the LED to flash twice. This confirms the reset process.
There you have it! Hopefully, this is everything you need to link your GE universal TV remote control device to your Insignia TV and get it to work flawlessly with your home theater.
Try out each code carefully and deliberately to program devices so you don’t push the wrong button. When you find the right code, please write it down, so you have it ready the next time you need it.
I hope this article was able to get you the GE Universal Remote Codes for Insignia TVs that you need. Until next time, live long and prosper!
Related 📖: GE Remote Codes for Samsung TVs
Please subscribe to my YouTube channel for a fun take on all things tech.